The NIDA mission involves:
- Strategically supporting and conducting basic and clinical research on drug use (including nicotine), its consequences, and the underlying neurobiological, behavioral, and social mechanisms involved.
- Ensuring the effective translation, implementation, and dissemination of scientific research findings to improve the prevention and treatment of substance use disorders and enhance public awareness of addiction as a brain disorder.
Their website contains numerous resources, including the following.
- Extensive Explanations of Numerous Drugs and Medicines
- Research and Training Resources
- Clinical Resources
- Grants and Funding Information